Lounger
    Thanks

Slovak's ATTOPT utility on multiuser system? (Outlook 2002)

I am having difficulty installing Ken Slovak's ATTOPT utility on a multiuser Windows XP/Office XP workstation. The new file extension security tab in Tools/Options only shows up when I log in as administrator - all other users, whether admin or limited, do not get the option to view blocked extensions. Attempts to install the utility when logged on as other users bring up a modify rather than install window.

But perhaps, the new security tab is only intended to be viewable by the "administrator" and should not be available to other users - can any users of ATTOPS on multiuser systems help with this issue?

Thanks

Bob

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slovak's ATTOPT utility on multiuser system? (Outlook 2002)

when you installed it, did you have the option of installing for the current user only or for all users? Also - are oyu using SP1 and do you have the newest copy of the ATTOPT addin?

Lounger
    Thanks

I do not beleive that I was given an option to install for all users - just a simple install now. This may because my original install of Office XP was when the system had a single user - additional users were added later. I asked this list a while ago how to "set" the all user mode at this point but did not receive any replies.

I downloaded my copy of ATTOPT approximately two weeks ago.

I do not have SP-1 loaded yet because Woody's Office newsletter suggested loading ATTOPT first and I have not been successful yet.

Thanks for your help!

Bob

Lounger
    Thanks

UPDATE: After far too many hours on the phone with Microsoft, a reinstall of Office XP and much frustration, I called Ken Slovak and described my problem- his opinion was that ATTOPT cannot be run for more than one user on a system without a change to the ATTOPT program. ATTOPT will not install for a second user and will not install at all for a XP limited account without changing the account privileges temporarily.

The Alluser profile solution suggested by some is a red herring in this particular case.

Perhaps this will help some one else who tries to intall the utility for more than one user.

Bob