leonelm

"No expenses for your categories"

I have a HandSpring Visor. I deleted the default Expense categories (they were useless to me) and created two new ones, "Expenses on me" "Expenses on the company". HotSync reports syncing the expenses, but when I try to run the Expense Report (which calls up Excel), it says there are no expenses for my categories, even though I select "All categories". I never, not even once, managed to use the report.
    Handspring tech support ([img]/w3timages/icons/frank.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/frank.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/frank.gif[/img]) made me crazy [img]/w3timages/icons/scream.gif[/img]!
    They simply told me "hotsync" first, but when I told them I'd done that before, several time... No more replies to my e-mails.
    Does anyone knows what may be going on?

Leonel Morgado
    leonelm@utad.pt

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: "No expenses for your categories"

Dear Leonel Morgado,

I had problems with the Expense reports on my palm pilot. I never got it working at all!

Did yours work in the default configuration?

Rupert...

leonelm

Re:

Hi Rupert,

I never even tried the default configuration: I started using it on my Visor right away. Only a few days later did I found out how to import the data into Excel (using the Expense Manager). However, the problem remains: while the HotSync process reports syncing the expenses, when I run the Expense Report it only says "No expenses in your selected categories", even though I am selecting "All categories"!!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: "No expenses for your categories"

Hi Leonel,

I had the same problem. I looked in my expense directory under my username directory (KramerK) and found some expense files. I looked in 1 of them and saw that there were 2 entries for each category: the 1 that was showing up on the Visor and the Excel spreadsheet, and 1 that was 8 characters long (probably what is used internally. I discovered that although the names were matching on the Visor and the PC, it didn't match what was in the file. The way that I fixed it was to rename the category and then everything worked fine for me. I haven't had the problem since.[img]/S/alien.gif[/img]

Kim Kramer