Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    leonelm
    Guest

    "No expenses for your categories"

    I have a HandSpring Visor. I deleted the default Expense categories (they were useless to me) and created two new ones, "Expenses on me" "Expenses on the company". HotSync reports syncing the expenses, but when I try to run the Expense Report (which calls up Excel), it says there are no expenses for my categories, even though I select "All categories". I never, not even once, managed to use the report.
    Handspring tech support ([img]/w3timages/icons/frank.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/frank.gif[/img] [img]/w3timages/icons/frank.gif[/img]) made me crazy [img]/w3timages/icons/scream.gif[/img]!
    They simply told me "hotsync" first, but when I told them I'd done that before, several time... No more replies to my e-mails.
    Does anyone knows what may be going on?

    Leonel Morgado
    leonelm@utad.pt

  2. #2
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Posts
    712
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: "No expenses for your categories"

    Dear Leonel Morgado,

    I had problems with the Expense reports on my palm pilot. I never got it working at all!

    Did yours work in the default configuration?

    Rupert...

  3. #3
    leonelm
    Guest

    Re:

    Hi Rupert,

    I never even tried the default configuration: I started using it on my Visor right away. Only a few days later did I found out how to import the data into Excel (using the Expense Manager). However, the problem remains: while the HotSync process reports syncing the expenses, when I run the Expense Report it only says "No expenses in your selected categories", even though I am selecting "All categories"!!

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Utah, USA
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: "No expenses for your categories"

    Hi Leonel,

    I had the same problem. I looked in my expense directory under my username directory (KramerK) and found some expense files. I looked in 1 of them and saw that there were 2 entries for each category: the 1 that was showing up on the Visor and the Excel spreadsheet, and 1 that was 8 characters long (probably what is used internally. I discovered that although the names were matching on the Visor and the PC, it didn't match what was in the file. The way that I fixed it was to rename the category and then everything worked fine for me. I haven't had the problem since.[img]/S/alien.gif[/img]

    Kim Kramer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •