2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disable double-click Toolbar Customize dialog box (2000 SR-1)

I am writing a school management program using Excel 2000. In the process, I encountered some problems which I hope you can kindly help to throw some light on.

(a) How to disable Customize dialog box from activating if one (left) double-clicks on an empty space beside the toolbar? I can only disable the Customize dialog box due to right-clicking on the toolbar using :
    CommandBars("Toolbar List").Controls("Customize...").Enabled = False
    CommandBars("Toolbar List").Enabled = False

([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] Is there any way to modify the message appeared on a built-in dialog box? For example I want to change "Do you want to save the change you made to xxxx ?" when one closes an Excel session to a native language which is unavailable from Microsoft.

Why is it that a Winzip-compressed protected workbook is much larger in size (triple in fact) than the same but unprotected Winzip-compressed workbook?

Thanks in anticipation.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disable double-click Toolbar Customize dialog box (2000 SR-1)

I can't answer your first question, but I will take a shot at the other two:

([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]- As far as I know, there is no way to change what appears in the built-in dialog boxes. I think your only alternative here is to build your own dialog using the Before Save event routine and User Forms.

- The reason that the protected file is larger when compressed with Winzip is because the encryption algorythm that Excel uses to protect the workbook makes the file almost uncompressable.
    Legare Coleman