Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2000 (SR1)

Hello Everyone
    I have an Access database that houses the tables in a back end server and I have 4 other schools which have their forms, reports and queries housed locally on that particular schools server and they are linked back to the tables on the main server. Everything was rolling along with no problems and all of a sudden there is a bunch of junk that ends up on the main table. What I mean by "junk" is instead for instance a name shows in the name field, a bunch of boxes appear in the field. Most of the records are ok in the main table, but every so often a row will show up with all these boxes in the fields. Could this be caused by the user performing an Alt Crl Delete when Access freezes? I am at a loss. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks alot
    Wendy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2000 (SR1)

The boxes normally mean non-printing characters embedded in the field, and they can get there during an abnormal program end at the time the record was being written. I think you need to start by looking at why Access is freezing in the first place. This should not be happening, and you need to find out exactly what is going on during this apparent "freeze".
    Charlotte

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2000 (SR1)

Is this system operating on a LAN or a WAN? Access is not particularly good at working over a WAN.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.