Results 1 to 2 of 2
2002-02-03, 06:05 #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2001
- Swanzey, New Hampshire, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 problems: mouse and inaccessible file
A couple of problems just arrived on my new computer.
1) Norton WinDoc found an error that says that a MAPISRVR.EXE can't locate the file, gapi32.dll, etc. Well, I did a search and the .dll is right where it is supposed to be. I even took a copy from my Office CD and replaced it. But I get the same error. What is this file and what can I do to correct it?
2) My intellimouse Explorer suddenly decided to freeze. I have had to reboot manually 5 times in 20 minutes. I've tried disabling most of my settings in the Intellimouse software but it still sporadically freezes.
I found out that keying in "Ctrl+Alt+Del" in XP won't allow you to reboot if done twice like on a Win 9x machine. So is there a way to reboot XP other than pressing that panic button? <img src=/S/grin.gif border=0 alt=grin width=15 height=15> Okay, so I had 3 questions and not 2..... sorry! <img src=/S/blush.gif border=0 alt=blush width=15 height=15>
simul iustus et peccator
2002-02-03, 19:29 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Renton, Washington, USA
- Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: 2 problems: mouse and inaccessible file
Check out the Menu on the "Task Manager" under "Shut Down" <img src=/S/evilgrin.gif border=0 alt=evilgrin width=15 height=15>
Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.