New Lounger
    Thanks

windows xp compatability wizzard

I am considering installing xp on my emachine 600 and after running ms windows xp compatability wizard, it said that my USB Controler and Device Driver wouldn't work These are used (presently) for a device (mp3) loader. What solutions does anyone have for my problem.
    All other probs. are no more than software updates that are offered by oem's.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: windows xp compatability wizzard

You might also visit the emachine web site and see what THEY have to say. They are going to have to provide the drivers that you might need. They may also have a version of XP that is for their machines and may give you fewer problems.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have checked with E-machines and they don't have a fix or a modified copy of XP. Not too worried about the keyboard but about the USB drivers and controller software.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If E-machines makes their own hardware you will need to get the drivers from them. If not then find out who makes the hardware and see if they have the drivers. MS does not write drivers for these products, the makers of said must make then. If drivers are not being updated for your hardware you will need to replace the hardware or not be able to use the current devices.

If you check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.e4me.com/news/xp_upgrade.html> eMachines Microsoft

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.