Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cahnging Sender Name (Outlook Express 6.0)

I am running Windows XP Home edition on my PC. When I first set it up I had two accounts, one for my wife, one for me. I deleted my wife's account and changed the name to mine.

Outlook Express uses my name as the sender for all emails and when I start it it welcomes me with my name.

How do I change the sender's name.

Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cahnging Sender Name (Outlook Express 6.0)

Just to check, you are wanting to change the sender's name as a one-off, with the new name to be used for all emails in that account in future, aren't you? Because it is not something that you set up to choose different names for each email - you would have to go back to using separate accounts if you want to do that. I suppose you could change the name before and after each email you wanted to send from a different name - but it wouldn't half get fiddly!

That being the case, it's under Tools - Options or Customise, I can't remember the exact location and don't have OE at work to check! If you can't find it (and no-one else posts it in the meantime) I'll check when I get home and post the exact location.

HTH
    Beryl M