2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changing mailbox properties form. (Office 2K sr1 on Exch 5.5 sp4)

Good morning all.

I have a forms question and I'm not sure how to go about handling this. We have populated the GAL in Exchange with user information, including a couple of custom fields that relate attorneys to their secretaries, additional phone numbers, and etc. Much of this information is then available to other users in the office by looking at the properties of a name in the GAL, or by right-clicking on the sender/recipient of a message and clicking Properties. However, not all of this information is available through the the default "Properties" form.

I am wondering if any has modified that form. Specifically, I would like to add some fields and remove others, or at least add an additional tab to show those fields that will be of particular use to our users.

If you have any thoughts on how to start this, or where to look for additional information, I'd be grateful. I can't seem to find the form in the Organizational Forms library, but I'm sure it must be there somewhere.

klyjen

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing mailbox properties form. (Office 2K sr1 on Exch 5.5 sp4)

i don't have any ex5.5 machines to double check, but i think you need to access the form from the management console. that's if it's accessible at all... we never changed it, so i really don't know for sure.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This isn't in the object model and isn't listed in any of the books on Outlook or Exchange (that I have) as something one can access. Looks like your best bet would be a custom form that accesses the GAL via CDO. I kind of recall that CDO isn't installed by default with Outlook, but I could be wrong because it's been a while.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks...I'll check that out. If I figure anything out, I'll post back here...

klyjen