New Lounger
    Thanks

Landscape pages obliterated (2000/xp)

Help!!!
    Several of us in the office have recently been UNABLE to print any landscape documents. This was working fine last week but seems to be "spreading". I'll try and explain without using pictures:
    When you select Print Preview on a Landscape doc, about one-third of the left-hand side of the page is blank (like you covered it with a sheet of paper on the photocopier). It also printed like that on our HP4050 printer (which has been OK for the last year or so), although NOW it prints as if the document had a negative margin applied i.e. offset about 9cm to the left, and the blank space is on the right.
    On selecting Print or changing the page setup we get a warning that the margins are outside of the printable area. On pressing Fix it sets the left margin to 9.13cm (3.5 inches). Bizarre! We can see no reason for this nor any possible event that caused it to happen (the 9.13cm margin will get applied on a New blank document if you change page setup). We are both absolutely stumped as to what is causing this. All machines are using uptodate virus checking software. Any clues???????

Thanks

Re: Landscape pages obliterated (2000/xp)

We had a similar sounding problem last month in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=wrd&Number=108858&page=&vie w=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Post #108858</A>. I'm not sure we really were able to answer.

Can you change drivers? For example, if you are using a PostScript driver, can you change to the PCL driver, or vice versa. If so, does that help?

It's hard to see how this could "spread" without software changes unless you all share a template that got messed up and are each gradually creating a new document based on that template. Can you see any pattern like that? (Not that I can think of any way it could happen but sometimes docs just go bad...)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Landscape pages obliterated (2000/xp)

Hmmm .. thanks for the links. One of our users is running XP (the person who is sharing my frustration and first noticed the problem). Otherwise we're all running O2K.
    No driver changes of late EXCEPT that I helped a user resolve his printer setup with Outlook a few days ago - it kept insisting the printer should have Letter loaded instead of A4 (separate thread here for Australian users to unite and register their frustration with Redmond inflicting Letter as a default when we're all buying A4 paper but I digress..) - usually the fix to this is to just change the Outlook page setup but in his case we had to drill down to the printer setup to change the default stock from letter to A4. It would be truly bizarre if that change was the cause of the problem. Any more replies coming?
    HP LaserJet 4050 using HP PCL driver v4.3.2.138 build 1202 if that helps. Haven't ever used a Postscript driver.