Star Lounger
    Thanks

Notification of new information in public folder (Outlook2000/Exchange 5.5

We would like to make better use of the Public Folders abilities on our system, but are running against a snag: How can a person receive notification if new information is received in a certain public folder?
    I found a possible way to send a message to all "members" of the folder through the Properties/Administration/Folder Assistant (haven't tried it yet), but I need a way to have the user determine the folders for which he wishes to be notified.
    Regretfully we do not have VB/VBA people, so we are looking for a built-in option.
    Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Notification of new information in public folder (Outlook2000/Exchange

i think exchange event scripts would be perfect, especially for exchange 5.5. take a look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cdolive.com>http://www.cdolive.com</A> for scripts.

basically - you enable event scripting service on the exchange server and add it to outlook as an addin. then you get a new tab on the folder properties and can enter scripts that do something when new mail arrives.

folder assistant may also work, but it forwards the message to them, a script could just send a note saying a new message was posted in folderx. Our experience is that users reply to the messages sent to their mailbox and not to the message in the folder and they don't delete the forwarded messages.

as for adding users - good luck. cdolive might have something that will help, but unless the rules are setup using DLs, its really unmanagable.