New Lounger
    Thanks

RecordSet Error (A2000)

I'm stumped by this one.

My form has several events that loop through recordsets for various reasons. All of the events work fine with one exception. I can't see any difference in the code. I'm getting an error while defining a recordset. The code (up to the point of the error) is as follows:

Dim dbs As Database
    Dim rst As Recordset
    Dim strSource As String

strSource = "qryData"

Set dbs = CurrentDb
    Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset (strSource)

When I try to execute the code I get the following error: "Run Time Error '3061': Too few parameters. Expected 1." Apparently, this is not a trappable error since I don't get an error indication when compiling. The query opens fine and shows the expected records.

Any thoughts? I've tried DIM dbs as DAO.Database, etc. without any change.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RecordSet Error (A2000)

post the query string. that is where your error seems to be

New Lounger
    Thanks

That apparently was the problem. It didn't matter if I referenced a query or an SQL statement. The desired record set was a query that referenced a cross-tab query. I modified the query to create a temporary table with the data and used the table as the RecordSet. Everything is now working. Thanks for the direction.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Crosstab queries can cause all sorts of trouble when you try to use them like that. One problem can often be solved by creating column headings for the crosstab. That seems to stabilize it.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I was using column headings and it still caused problems. It appears that my work around (make table then use the table as rst) will function although I hate cluttering up my database with extra queries and tables.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Was there a parameter in the crosstab query or in a query underlying it? That's another place where you get bitten with crosstabs. Any underlying parameters need to be specifically created as parameters, not just put into the critiera line.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

The parameter was referencing a field on an open form. I hadn't thought about creating a parameter for it - whenever I set the criteria either from a form field or if the querydef was set using code I've not created a parameter - but then I haven't had to use a lot of cross-tabs either.