New Lounger
    Thanks

Need to add Disclaimer text to bottom of all email (Outlook 98/2000/2002)

I need to figure out a way to add disclaimer text to the bottom of all outgoing messages in Outlook. Adding a signature is not an option as our users customize their own and we do not want the users to have a way to turn off the disclaimer text.

I was trying to customize a message form to add this, but I am having no luck at all. Any help in dealing with this problem would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Need to add Disclaimer text to bottom of all email (Outlook 98/2000/20

are you using exchange server? if so, there is a dll in the resource kit you can use or you can buy a 3rd party solution.

New Lounger
    Thanks

No, Unfortunately we are not currently using Exchange Server (with any luck we will be using it shortly however). Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Mary- just read your message and I am trying to do the same thing! If you could expand on this, I would really appreciate it. I need to add a non-removable disclaimer to all outgoing messages and we DO use exchange.

Thanks so much! Jennie

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Without an Exchange Server, I think your options are pretty limited. Probably some f VBA code to append to the body "on send"?

With Exchange Server, how you do it differs between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000. I will add a separate post for each.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exchange 5.5. disclaimer using imsext.dll. The attached zip files has a series of htm documents on using the utility and the dll itself. You can find more information on Slipstick, but these article are the best that I have found.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exchange 2000 Disclaimer. Following is the write up I did for my techs for creating disclaimers for Exchange 2000.

The basic steps are these:

1. Follow Q288756 to set up a 2nd SMTP server. Outlook is a MAPI client so the SMTP event does not fire without doing this step.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;EN-US;Q288756& This was pretty straightforward and easy to do.

[url]I have had problems once or twice getting this to work.I had some problems getting this to work and here was the eventual resolution.

> Added the internal IP range to the relay restrictions on the second virtual smtp server. (Properties, Access tab, Relay restrictions, add IP range). This is the same as adding the server to the relay on the default smtp protocol. Basically, add this step in article 288756.

> Restarted the IIS Admin service.

2. Create/edit the VBS file which contains the disclaimer. (EventSinkScript.vbs) Within this file you have to do the disclaimer twice. Once is for plain text and once is for html and rich text. Within the plain text you can have the disclaimer include line breaks by including "vbcrlf". A line break for the html disclaimer is
    . For the html disclaimer, you can use any standard html codes to enhance it.

One gotcha: You can leave the word wrap feature on while creating these, however DO NOT HIT RETURN. Each of the disclaimers needs to be on one line in the script. If you edit this file in notepad, turn off the word wrap feature when you are done to be sure it is one line.

You have to be careful with where the " marks go, and it is different for the plain text and html disclaimer.

3. You have to register the "event sink". The details of steps 2 and 3 are in Q317680 . http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;EN-US;Q317680& You need a specific vbs program to do this.

One gotcha The command lines in the article need to have '2' instead of '1' to register with the correct SMTP server created in step 1.