Thread: TV Tuner

New Lounger
    Thanks

TV Tuner

What video cards and/or TV tuners will work with Wndows XP? In previous Windows OS I was able to watch my cable TV on my monitor using ATI All in Wonder. It also provided a DVD player -- but no more TV or DVD under WXP. The ATI programs apparently have not been adjusted to WXP. Suggestions and recommendations, please

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: TV Tuner

Have you tried downloading the new drivers from ATI? There are new ones at their web site for MOST cards.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.ati.com/drivers/winxp/winxp_radeon_6133276.html> Windows XP Display Driver build 6.13.3276</A> covers the following cards:
    ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON
    RADEON 8500
    RADEON 7500
    RADEON 7200
    RADEON 7000
    RADEON 64MB DDR
    RADEON 32MB DDR
    RADEON 32MB (SDR)
    RADEON VE

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TV Tuner

I ran into the same problem. For the All In Wonder you must be running the latest driver. 6.13.xxx I believe. Even after I thought I had loaded it, it didn't "take". You can see what driver you're running by going to the Device Manager, right-clicking on the card and choosing properties. Under the driver tab, choose details.

There is also an update for the programs that you use to watch TV. The Launchbar, TV Tuner, etc. The drivers and the updated programs can be found at their website.

Now for the disappointing bit. For some reason the Guide+ program took my TV down. I worked on it for weeks (ATI tech support was summarily un-helpful) but to no avail. If you have the latest driver, and you have the latest programs, and you DO NOT install Guide+, it should work. If Guide+ is installed, un-install it and reboot. I found that this simple step made the TV Tuner viewable again.