Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loud Sound with left mouse click and menu slide ou

1. Start | Control Panel | Sound and Audio Devices | Sound - "Menu Popup" under "Windows". (This is your left-mouse-button sound.)

2. Start | All Programs | Accessories | Entertainment | Volume Control - adjust WAVE volume. (This is why it is too loud.)

3. Check Windows Update for the latest drivers.

Enjoy!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks very much. I slid the wave volume all the way down and this seems to work well. We're
    talking a really sharp loud clap. Was there anything specific you would do on the sounds tab
    in the Ctrl Panel? For example the pulldown gives you a menu that includes No Sounds, Windows
    Default, Origina,Original Aug 31 (the date I loaded XP RC1) under "Sound Scheme" and then
    below are the Program Events. Is there anything I need to do specific to the Sound Scheme pulldown
    selection are any of the Program Events? Simply putting the wave lever down worked great.

The other thing I wondered is where you find out what the significance of each Program Event is
    since some are so obvious--in other words do I have to tweak, delete or impact Menu Popup insome way? I know it says to click a program event and select a sound to apply but I'm not sure where you
    select a sound to apply to those items. Sure is great to get rid of that sharp loud annoying clap
    and there seems to be something I inadvertantly have done both in ME and XP to bring it on.
    Very good to be able to control it kaplinb.

I also need to learn or read exactly what those specific levers like Wave, Master, Synthesizer, Line In,
    CD Player do. CD player seems obvious. I have seen those levers or slides on the Master control
    move around on their own or by events or conflicts and once I had no volume at all when trying
    to play music and I had to go in there and push the lever under "Master" up to get back sound.

Will the Wave volume down affect my playback of music from a website (also controlled by my
    speaker volume) or from music ripped from my CD's to the hard drive?

defrag

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

1. The bottom line

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Loud Sound with left mouse click and menu slide ou

Problem was with loud clapping sound occuring whenever I made a left
    mouse click or when a menu slid out.

Thanks,

defrag

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the explanation it helps. I turned up the Wave File again because to turn it down
    turns down the sound of music from most sources (I think) and I clicked on Menu Popup and
    selected the Scheme of "No Sounds" on the Pull Down of Sound Schemes and things work
    great. If I understand you correctly, and I'll experiment I can attach sounds to the Program
    Events from other sources (like Windows XP Plus' imported schemes)--probably downloaded
    sound schemes from different sites in addition to the Schemes on the pull down. I wonder
    how the clap originated or if it was part of the Default sounds in the beginning. I cleaned
    and wiped from ME to XP though, so I am a bit confused that I would still have its' sound
    schemes dated the day I cleaned and wiped to load XP. I am enjoying this--just frustrated
    when I can't fix things and there are always a few of those. Thanks again for the help.
    If I want that incessant clap, I'll make the noise with my hands.

defrag