New Lounger

MS Proxy & Frontpage Error

I am experiencing a problem publishing to our website at an ISP with Frontpage 2002 through Proxy Server 2.0 and IIS 4.0. We have been able to publish with no problems but after rebooting our server (one server NT4.0 network) we can no longer publish. We receive a message that the ISP may not have Frontpage Extensions installed or there is a problem with our Proxy Server settings. I know for a fact that it is not a problem with our ISP because I can publish to our website with dialup access with no problem. Our normal connection is with an ISDN connection and the dialup publishing is much too slow. Our users have no problem getting on the Internet through the Proxy Server, but we just can't publish through it with Frontpage. Any suggestions?

Silicon Valley, USA

Re: MS Proxy & Frontpage Error

This Knowledgebase article describes a different error message, but might help: <A target="_blank" HREF=;EN-GB;q301468>FP2000: You Cannot Publish to a Remote Web Through a Proxy Server (Q301468)</A>. It describes a way to simply bypass your designated proxy server for a given domain name. Not sure it will make a difference in your environment.