Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

User-defined 'bullet' (97, or later)

Someone has asked me whether it would be possible to create and use in Word a user-defined bullet (in fact a very small logo of a horse's head) which could be used instead of the range of circles and diamonds and other shapes. I can see how you can use any character from any font, from Format => Bullets and Numbering => Customise => choose required Font => choose required Bullet character, but is there any way of using a JPEG or GIF file, or would it be necessary to turn the logo into a character at some location in a TrueType font? Using Corel Draw, or something substantially cheaper?

All information gratefully received!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Thanks

Re: User-defined 'bullet' (97, or later)

John,
    As regards "or later", Word 2002 allows to customize bullets to use a Font, Character or Picture.
    I'll leave the real guru's to answer regarding earlier versions, but I suspect a custom font may be the answer if you need to use a specific graphic.
    Otherwise, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.identifont.com/find-pi.html>IdentiFont</A> may be able to find a ready made one for you.

Thanks

Re: User-defined 'bullet' (97, or later)

If there is no official solution, one could save an appropriately formatted paragraph as AutoText and use that as needed. (I didn't test this very extensively, but it seemed to work in Word 2000.)