New Lounger
    Thanks

Extracting Pics and Clipart from PPT (97/2000/2002)

I am running up against an issue, and I was wondering if you have encountered it. Or could direct me to where I could get information on it (I have already left messages on the UT, compuserve, foxforum, and a few other places).

Rather than creating powerpoint content, I am trying to parse it. I have no trouble extracting the text and formatting.

In a sense, what I am trying to do is to break powerpoint presentations down into internet content. The problem that I am running into is that I want to be able to extract the embedded pictures and clipart. Slides seem to have all the methods in the world for adding pictures and clipart INTO content, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get it out.

I have looked at the "SaveAs" method, but that only saves each entire slide as a picture.

Another thought I had is that maybe if I do a Shape.Copy() of the shape containing a picture, and then I could somehow get it and save it. But I'm stuck at that point.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!
    Rick Hodder

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extracting Pics and Clipart from PPT (97/2000/2002)

OK,

I've got a solution that's workable.

In Powerpoint 2000, if you save a presentation as a web page, it generates the following (assuming I said save it as a web page called test.htm):

1. An HTM file called *pagename*.htm (test.htm) that is a "viewer" of the presentation
    2. A directory called *pagename*_files - in my example "test_files"
    3. The directory contains HTM files representing each page in the presentation
    4. The directory contains image files, all named for the page that the slide is on: ex. if there is an image on page 2 and it was a jpg, there is a file called slide0002_image001.jpg.
    5. There's even several XML files that drive the presentation, one of which is filelist.xml, which surprisingly (g) contains a list of the files in the presentation.

So although a bit messy (export a lot, just to get the pictures), it will get the job done.

Anyone who figures out an easier way - please let me know,

Thanks,

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Extracting Pics and Clipart from PPT (97/2000/2002)

Cross-posted <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=vb&Number=115057&page=0 &view=expanded&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>here</A>- please post any replies there.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.