New Lounger
    Thanks

report looks different (97)

The problem is that a shared database, which has worked fine and looked fine to everyone using it, now looks different on different pcs. On the old pc's with Win98 it's still fine. On the new pc's with Windows2000 some of the Access reports don't show some text, either on screen or when printed. If you go into the design view and make the text box bigger it's okay. We've ruled out a font problem and the printer drivers. It's still the same version of Access. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to check next? Thanks!!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: report looks different (97)

This may not be the problem ...... but check the fonts that are being used in the reports. Are these fonts installed on the effected machines? If they are not Access will substitute a font for the missing font. This could result in the problem you describe.

HTH
    RDH
    Ricky Hicks
    Microsoft MVP
    Birmingham, Alabama USA

New Lounger
    Thanks

We checked the fonts and both machines had it - they also had the same printer drivers.
    The font was Arial 9 - so I'm sure that was the same on both.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

We just ran into this problem with Access 97 reports as well. So far we've only seen it on Win2k machines, which suggests that this may be another one of those Win2k peculiarities. I can't say I've ever seen the equivalent behavior in Access 2000 on Win2k, but I'm not working in it as much lately since my employer is still using Access 97.
    Charlotte