3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page number different sections (Word2000 SR-1)

Is there an easier way to page number sections, example, page 1 of section 1, page 1 of section 2, etc.. (the file has several pages in each section and several sections total). I remember using seq. numbering the last time I did this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page number different sections (Word2000 SR-1)

Hi Melanie.

Easier than what? I just went into the footer and did "Section {Section} page {Page}" and it appears to do what you're trying to do. You can insert the section field from the Insert menu--go into Field and then select Section from the Numbering category.

Hope that helps...

klyjen

Thanks

Assuming that your logical sections correspond to Word sections, you can just restart page numbering at the beginning of each section.

Remember that to insert page numbers you never want to use Insert => Page Number... At least go into the Header/Footer view and use the toolbar buttons. Better yet, go into h/f view and insert the actual fields yourself. The field for section number is { Section }.

If your logical sections do not correspond to Word sections, it gets a bit trickier but is still possible. (This could happen, for example, if you inserted a page in landscape mode in the middle of your section. It would add two extra Word sections and have to be dealt with in the numbering. If you need to do this, write back.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both - I did have to play around more with section breaks because they had pages inserted that they did not want numbered. The insert, field, sections - worked great. I guess I remember doing it differently a few years ago.