New Lounger
    Thanks

add line to data form field (2000)

I want to add a new line in a data form field. This will be from an existing data source and form fields that have already been created. Once in a while I have a name that contains two lines or three lines instead of only one and I am not able to figure out how to force another line into Word's entry field. There may not be a way. But I wonder if anyone has ever solved this in Word.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: add line to data form field (2000)

Roger,

Not sure that I understand your question. So, fwiw: If the "data form fields" are text form fields, you can start a new line by simply hitting enter. Guess that's to simple as I fail to understand the reference to an external data source. Sorry not to be of more help.

Ingrid

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ingrid...thanks for your help. I'm attaching a Word file that contains pictures of what my dilemma is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

Roger,

If your data source is a "standard" Word data source, it is actually a separate Word file. You can open the file either through the mail merge helper, or directly. It is, in fact, an ordinary Word table. To get a second line, insert a new column, which will show up as an extra field, for all records (Table, Insert, column). Maybe this can also be done via the toolbar that displays when you open a data source. It's best to atomize the information you intend to use in a merge, so I have not tried any key combinations to see if you can trick Word into having two lines in one cell of the data source.

Hope this helps.

Ingrid

New Lounger
    Thanks

Ingrid....Looks like that will work...thanks and good luck to your countrymen(women) in the Olympics. RD