2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Address/Contacts (Outlook 2002)

I have a comprehensive Contacts Folder containing something like a hundred names organised into Categories then sorted under Categories into File As. I have set the Contact Folder under Properties as the Outlook Address Book. But when I click the Address Icon on the menu bar in Outlook I get a list of only a few dozen names. These names include the few in the Contacts Folder that I have email addresses for...fair enough, perhaps Outlook only picks up names that email addresses? But the list also includes people and firms I have sent emails to since the year dot but which aren't in the Contacts Folder! Where is Outlook getting this list from? I can only find one .pst file on the computer.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address/Contacts (Outlook 2002)

what list are you talking about? the address book you see when you hit the To button? How many subfolders are listed under on the dropdown in the right corner?

Or The To field when you type a name in? outlook 2002 has an autocomplete feature that remembers addresses used but they aren't listed in the address book.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, it is the list of addresses when you hit the To button or the Book icon on the top menu. The sub folders listed are Outlook Address Book which lists No Entries and Contacts which lists the limited number of entries mentioned. I guess the "extra" addresses" must come from this autocomplete feature that I wasn't aware of.

Roger

Roger

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

autocomplete is the little drop down when you type a name in, right in the TO field.

Are you sure you don't have addresses in the contacts folder for those listed?

Outlook Address Book is just a virtual container for holding address books. Think of it as a shoe box to store your little black books in. <g>