Lounger
    Thanks

Administrator Rights

We just got new corporate computers and have been locked out of installing any programs at all. Printers, desktop configuration, etc.

Is there any way, utilities, or other means to by pass this, or find out the adminpassword?

Thx in advance

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Administrator Rights

Have you tried using a blank or empty password for the administrator account? Maybe the password is password.

If these are straight from the vendor, ask them what the password is. Otherwise, it looks like you may be re-installing the OS.
    Christopher Baldrey

Super Moderator
    Thanks

"corporate computers ", the IT department does NOT want you to install anything. You will need to get their permission or have them do it for you. This is a major concern of most corporations, the installing of non approved software. If The software is pirated the company is legally responsible, and many other reasons along with viruses.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Even if there was a way, I personally would not want to be responsible for you getting fired.

When my former company did that to me, I did all my work (except company email) on my personal laptop and transfered files back and forth on floppies.
    Legare Coleman

Thanks

Cross-posted and responded to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=2000&Number=115592&page=0&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>here</A> in the W2K Forum.

Further replies there, please.