Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jason tabs (Word 2000 SR1a)

I have searched under "Jason tabs" and have not found a fix to my problem. I have looked at the MVP site and am continually disappointed that the VBA to fix numbering has not been added.

I have a macro that defines steps (simple numbering) in body text. The indent is set to .25 (I keep removing the tab in the style, but it won't leave).

I have a table step (simple numbering - based on Body step) that needs to have the indent set at .2 - the problem?? I can not get rid of the .25 tabstop.

Any suggestions? I have modified the styles and removed the tabs -- to no avail! They keep coming back!!

-Ruth

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Jason tabs (Word 2000 SR1a)

And thus the name, Jason, tab. The .25" tab is set by Word and every time you visit numbering, the tab set at .25 returns.

I would suggest that if you are using a "simple" numbering scheme, you use a List Number style, not Body text. It won't solve the Jason tab problem, but is more along the lines of what Word is expecting.

You might want to check out the articles related to numbering at http://www.microsystems.com/publications.htm

They are quite useful.

Hope this helps.

SJ Miller

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Jason tabs (Word 2000 SR1a)

Thanks, I am using a Lit Number style, and not Body text.... {grin} I am getting tired of fighting this thing!! I'll check out the link you suggested. I think I've been there before, but maybe this time I'll see something I overlooked last time!