New Lounger
    Thanks

Format(Date... results in #Name? in report (MSO2KSR1)

I am using Access 2000 with SR1 on Win 2k. I have several MSAccess databases that I have developed and use almost on a daily basis. In all of them, many reports have the Date/Time inserted via the Insert, Date & Time from the menu bar. In the last day or so, I noticed that one of my databases has problems displaying the date/time using the =Format(Date(.... and =Format(Date....) & Format(Time... procedures. When opening the report, Access will ask for a parameter for Format, then for Date (not for time if it's in the arguments, tho), and results in #Name? displayed where the date or date/time should be. Other databases that I created do not do this, using the same procedure. The Now() procedure works fine.
    A week or more ago, I ran Compact and Repair on a couple of my databases, but only one of them has this problem. I realize I can use Now() to take care of the date stamp on a report, but I'd still like to know why Function(Date(... doesn't work like it should, hence Function() itself doesn't work. I checked to make sure that MSOWCF.DLL is in place, has the correct version, date/time stamp and file size, which it does. I read somewhere that the Function() is located in this DLL. Can anyone tell me what could cause Format(Date()) not to work, even as it's inserted by selecting Insert, Date & Time from the menu bar? Insert, Page numbers works also.
    Thanx in advance!

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Format(Date... results in #Name? in report (MSO2KSR1)

Crash,

You might have a references problem. Open any module (or go into debug), then from menu bar select Tools | References. Scan down the list to see if one is marked "Missing". If so, jot down it's name, then clear the check box. Exit the references box, then go back into it and then checkmark that same reference.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Format(Date... results in #Name? in report (MSO2KSR1)

Mark,
    You were correct. It was a references problem, dealing with Windows Common Controls (SP2). I removed the reference to the missing library and it works fine! Thanx!