Lounger
    Thanks

Icon Size In System Tray

I once knew how to make the size of the icons in the System Tray and the main area of the Task Bar large or small, but I cannot remember how to do it and cannot find anything in the Windows Help about this. I make the icons on my boss's computer LARGE and he wants me to change them back to small now.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Icon Size In System Tray

Hi
    RClick Taskbar. Choose Properties. Then (can't remember which way round it is) either select use Small Icons or UNcheck 'Use Large Icons'. For changing the size of other icons, you RClick a blank part of the desktop, select Properties and Appearance, then Icon. You can then set them to any size within limits.

MerC's Law of Employment Security : never mess with anything belonging to a superior : computer, car, wife - in that order. And DON'T beat him at golf/squash/Bridge/Poker/Chess/Go, unless it costs money to lose. It's ok if the 'he' is a 'she' - they don't resent competiton from men. Much.

Rgds

Lounger
    Thanks

I've tried what you said. Your first suggestion works only for the icons in the Start Menu. Your second suggestion appears to work only for icons on the Desktop. Neither affected the size of the icons in the System Tray.

Thanks

I believe the Systray icons are a fixed 16x16 pixel size.

Why don't you increase the resolution of the desktop - eg change from 800 x 600 to 1024 x 768 - which will have the effect of scaling them down, then increase the size of all the others so they appear unchanged?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Right-Click your Desktop and go to Property > Appearance Tab > under Item go to CAPTION BUTTON > Size bigger > Click Apply. Enlarging the icon sometimes lessens the fidelity of the icons.

Interestingly when I try to click objects on the sample windows under the appearance tab, the corresponding ITEM description will show up and all applicable parameters will available. In the case of the Caption Button I just clicked the any of the minimize/maximized/closed button will the trick. Even clicking the same icon on the background sample window will make the Caption Button Item to appear.

Try to click the edge of the sample Active Window and the ITEM Active Window Border will show change the default gray to another color say Red or even thicken the edge a little bit to emphasize more the foreground Window. Of course increasing the size of the tray icon would also mean the size of the min/max/close button will also be bigger and the title bar would be a little wider specially neat for easy clicking. One other tweak a lot of people would appreciate is increasing the font size of the MENU ITEMS in any window. Just like before, click any of the menu option on the sample windows and resize away the font, lessen the squinting for most of us.