New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail merging to e-mail

Apologies if this has come up before, but has anyone yet come up with a solution to the problem caused by the Outlook E-mail Security Update which means that each e-mail has to be sent individually? I read somewhere that Microsoft were looking at a solution for the next upgrade after W2k, but I'm now using XP and they don't seem to have fixed it. Can anyone give me any further info?

cheers

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail merging to e-mail

I'm Having the same problem and haven't found a solution. Here's what I have found on the MS site at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q262634

Mail Merge to E-mail or Fax
    When you create a mail merge to e-mail or fax by using your Contacts folder, you must eventually use Microsoft Word to complete the mail merge. After you start the actual merge, you receive a warning message which indicates that a program is trying to access your address book. You can allow access for up to 10 minutes, and you do not receive address book warning messages again for that period of time. However, a separate warning message for each e-mail message that you send appears and you must wait five seconds before you can confirm the send process. For example, if you generate a mail merge to e-mail that is being sent to 100 people, it takes over eight minutes and you must approve each of the e-mail messages every five seconds. This is a limitation of the current design and improvements are being evaluated for the next version of Microsoft Office.

So it doesn't sound like they are too eager to fix it. If I come across a solution, I'll post it here.