New Lounger
    Thanks

Creating Printers with scripts?

Is it possible (more importantly an easier way) to create a bunch of printers with a script? I have to create 200 printers on a NT4 server ASAP - I have the printer name, TCP port addresses, and printer type (the printer type should match the MS print drivers by name) in an Excel spreadsheet.....

Any thoughts of how to avoid the manual labor involved?

Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating Printers with scripts?

I seem to recall that there was some way to do this, but when I started digging I couldn't find anything. Seems that I saw the answer over at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jsiinc.com/reghack.htm>JSI</A> but it doesn't appear to be easily found. I'll keep looking and see if I can turn up the answer.
    -Mark

Thanks

I'd have put money on JSI too, but...

There seems there may be a solution at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rethinkit.com/ntscript/logonscript.htm>rethinkit.com</A> - you will need to create a list of the printers in a txt file

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies - I did find an app, however it's giving me an error - it's at www.rosenberg.nu
    it's pdinst.exe - it take the arguments of pathprinter.inf, sharename, portname

It's EXACLTY what I need, but I get an error when trying to add a HPLJ4V, I sent an Email to the author - it was written back in 2000, so it might be a problem trying to use the newer drivers.

I'm still looking - and manually adding the printers as well....I do have winbatch, but I think I'd be done before I learned how to program with it.

The con2prt utility seems to be for a workstation to attach to an already shared printer - I need to create a local printer on a server that points to an already created TCP port - with a specific INF driver (so far my list has 20 different HP/XEROX printers....)

Thanks again!
    Brian