Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2002 - track changes (Word97 sr2a)

Hi - just wanting to know about Word 2002 & track changes features.

Our company is on Office 97 - & one of our clients has just recently installed office 2002.
    The client printed out their 2002 document & track changes looks very different compared to Word97.

I mentioned to our VIP user that office 2002 - will have new features & enhancements & that there could be added features with track changes,
    therefore the view/print out of 2002 will be different.

WIthout having a copy of Office 2002
    - is there anyway that I can perhaps get info re new Track changes features or get a screen capture of Options Track changes
    to keep the VIP user happy & have peace of mind?
    If I search microsoft knowledge base I only get bug issues & on the microsoft site theres only a 2 paragraph speel about 2002.
    or can I obtain a demo copy of office 2002 to install?

also
    I must be hiding in the woods as I didnt hear much about the new off ice version - do you know the date when office 2002 was released ?
    or is it Word, Excel 2002 etc under the office XP umbrella?
    thanks in advance - Diana

Thanks

Re: Word 2002 - track changes (Word97 sr2a)

I cannot find it here, but there was a thread on the new features of revision marks in Word 2002 (which is the Word in Office XP, as you surmised). One of the notable features is that changes can be printed in the margin in balloon-style call-outs. However, I think this is configurable so that 2002 can look like 2000 and earlier, but I don't have it so I can't test it out.

Oh wait, I can stop conjecturing and point you to this article: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;q276193>WD2002: Word Prints Tracked Changes Differently Than in Earlier Versions (Q276193)</A>.

Hope this helps.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Pray, get thee immediately hence to: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/>http://www.wopr.com/</A> for the last two issues of Office Watch which speak specifically about the "new and [ahem] improved" Track Changes feature.

Be advised that your lawyers won't want you to use Track Changes because of "metadata" risk-management issues, but then we "Americans" are a litigious bunch...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

thankyou - much appreciated - Diana