Star Lounger
    Thanks

how to? make entry form for questionare (97)

I need to build a db for survey results. Each survey has 100 questions but I only want to enter those items marked 'yes'. How can I build a list showing each possible choice, with a way to only choose to store data on whichever ones are entered as 'yes'? I can build the listbox or combo box, but am not sure how to make that attach to a checkbox. And how to I get that information to a table to store the info?
    I want the display to come from another table holding the fields: full text of question, short text of question, question #, etc. I want the choices to go to a separate table. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much - Judy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: how to? make entry form for questionare (97)

The way you usually do this is to build an unbound form with the question on it. In the AfterUpdate event of each checkbox, you use code to add a record to the answers table.

Take a look at a switchboard created using the Switchboard Manager to see how you can populate labels on an unbound form from a table that holds the values you want to display. It would be more complicated for a survey, but not by all that much.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure I understand. I need a separate form for each of the 100 questions? Do I just place all 100 forms one below the other on another form?
    Where or what is the switchboard manager?
    Thank you-

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Swithchboard manager is an add-in in Access 97. You'll find it on the tools menu under Add-ins. If you use it to create a switchboard, then you can open the switchboard form and see how an unbound, table-driven form works.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'll go hunt for articles about this. Thanks. I tried to make one but I'm not sure if all the pieces are there. I can't tell how the items get named, hold data, or anything else. Perhaps I can find an example from somewhere.
    I appreciate your pointing me in this direction.
    Judy