Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Comparison (Excel 97)

Hi bootz47. It's hard to give you useful advice because the answer could depend on the layout of your workbook and so forth. If you could attach a censored sample of your WB (i.e. with customers named Micky Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. and bogus amounts) to your post, perhaps we can be more helpful. I can speculate that you can use one of the LOOKUP(,,) or MATCH() functions to compare paid to billed, but that's as far as I can get.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Comparison (Excel 97)

Is "Customer ID & Date" the equivalent to an invoice number or is there a separate invoice number? Do you want to handle payments (and consequently underpayments) on an invoice specific basis, or an all-invoice cumulative basis where any payment is applied to the earliest unpaid invoice?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Data Comparison (Excel 97)

I am working with a spreadsheet Invoice and comparing it to payment I need to match customer information to both and subtract the Invoice amount from the payment amount giving me the total paid in addition if the client did not pay for something on the invoice I need to include that in the summary.
    On summary I needit to say 400.00 owed for Mickey 350.00 Owed for Donald 800.00 Owed for Daisy and
    Minnie 200.00 owed for Feb and (200.00) January. It is a customer identification there is a separate invoice number for each customer.