New Lounger
    Thanks

Update Query (2000 SR-1)

Hopefully someone can help me. I have an SQL data base that I am able to link to and append to using an append query with an access data base table. However, after appending data to the SQL data base table, I would like to update the SQL table after making changes my Access data base table. Can this be done? When running the append query, I am prompted to "logon" to my SQL data base. But I am not given that same opportunity when running an update query. Hopefully this makes sense and someone can help. THANKS!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Update Query (2000 SR-1)

We do this kind of thing all the time, but we need some additional information in order to help you:
    <UL><LI>Are you running Microsoft SQL Server?
    <LI>If so, are you running on an NT server with Integrated Security?
    <LI>Is your ODBC connection set to use NT Integrated Security or SQL Security?[/list]
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for responding. Answers to your questions.....

I'm not running MS SQL Server.
    No.
    Both data bases are local on my machine.

Here is the SQL statement I am trying to use. The result I get is that the data is duplicated in the table I am trying to update vs. simply updated. Thanks in advance for any help you might offer.

UPDATE sysadm_spec_specl_upto, INSERT_FINAL SET sysadm_spec_specl_upto.SPECL_UPTO_QTY = [INSERT_FINAL].[SPECL_UPTO_QTY], sysadm_spec_specl_upto.SPECL_COST = [INSERT_FINAL].[SPECL_COST]
    WHERE (((sysadm_spec_specl_upto.SPECL_SEQ_NO)=[INSERT_FINAL].[specl_seq_no]));

Steve

Super Moderator
    Thanks

OK - so what database do your tables reside in - FoxPro, Paradox, Access, MySQL or something else? If it's Access, it may be that Access thinks you are trying to update a system level table, which you aren't allowed to do. If the tables are in some other database and you have attached to them, then it's probably a probably a security issue with that database engine or the driver.
    Wendell