4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Folders query (FP 2k2)

I started to design a new site, and created several sub-webs below the main web. After a while however I converted them back to folders (I was having trouble with Navigation bars as my ISP doesn't have FP Extensions, so I can't use custom bars).

I'm now left with several hidden folders in each sub-web, with each having some or all of

_borders
    _derived
    _overlay
    _themes
    _vti_cnf
    _fpclass

Am I able to delete any or all of these, or are they still necessary now I have converted back to folders?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Folders query (FP 2k2)

Deleting these 'hidden' folders can cause problems later on if you are not careful - so back up your website first!
    _borders holds shared border information - If you are using shared borders do not delete.
    _themes contain information on FrontPage themes. If you are using themes do not delete.
    _fpclass, _derived, _overlay contain various script related information
    _vti_cnf has been discussed at length in other threads - if you delete it it will create itself.
    I used to teach the MS technical course on FP - the core information on file structure was - don't let your users delete directories starting with an underscore!
    There are occasions where it is useful to delete these directories - but typically if it is a hidden directory - don't delete it! Just turn off the feature in FP.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Folders query (FP 2k2)

Thanks

I understood that where we are talking about a web folder.

But as I've converted back from a web site to a folder are they not surplus to requirements?

Colin