New Lounger
    Thanks

Report across the page (Access 2000)

I have a table containing: Ticket No, Account No and Value. I need to produce lines on an invoice which show each of the ticket numbers horizontally (Space for ten) and the total value of all of the listed tickets. There can be from 1 to 250 tickets for each account. My current solution creates another table containing Account No, 10 Ticket Nos and 10 Values and uses a macro to keep creating and loading the table records until there are none left seems very clumsy. Is there a better way?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report across the page (Access 2000)

You can set the detail section of any access report to print out in multiple columns across a page. Click on File -> Page Setup when you're in report design mode and click on the columns tab on the dialog box that appears. Change the number of columns to 10 and the column width to something sufficiently small so the ten columns will all fit on the page. The detail section then contains just a single ticked number field which Access repeats across the page. Does that help at all?

Simon

New Lounger
    Thanks

Simon,
    Thanks, the ticket numbers now print across the page OK. which leaves me with how to get the total of the corresponding amounts in the last column. Any further thoughts much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Derek

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The report is currently sorted on account number and maybe ticket number as well, I presume. Also, as your detail section is only displaying the ticket number, I guess you must have created a group header to contain the Account Number. If you also create a group footer for the account number, you can add a text box to it and set its control source to be something like =Sum([TicketValue]) (where [TicketValue] is whatever the real name of your ticket value field is).

If you want the total to appear in the column immediately after the last ticket number, leave the "New Row or Col" property of the footer set to "None". If you'd like it to appear in a consistent column on the left, set the property to "Before & After".

Let me know if there's anything I haven't explained properly.

Simon.