mick729

Explorer Error Message

[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]When on the internet I keep getting an error message:
    Explorer has caused an error in Kernel32.DLL and will close then it freezes and crashes and I have to reboot to get everything back and start all over again. It happens on and off not all the time.
    Can someone please help me with this. I am a beginner so I need step by step instruction PLEASE.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Explorer Error Message

Hi Michele:

There can be many causes, so it's difficult to generalize. This sounds like a question that should be posted in one of the forums under the type of operating system that you have (Win98, etc.). This forum is more for Microsoft Office applications. In general, it can be caused by a conflict with some running application, a corrupt file, a registry problem. If I see your post under Win98, I'll try to help, but will need information on what's running (you can see this if you Ctrl+Alt+Del & see the list) & what operating system you have.

Hope this gets you started in the right direction.

mick729

[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]Thanks for your prompt reply! When I click Control,Alt, Del it comes up Explorer so does that mean the problem is in Explorer. I never use Explorer and I have Windows ME. Does this help you to know what is wrong & how I can fix it? I don't know what to do except just keep rebooting.

mick729

Hi Phil:
    When I hit control, Alt., Del it comes up Explorer and I don't use Explorer so I don't know how this got started in the first place but it was right after I installed Win Me until then I hadn't gotten it. Does this help you to help me??? Thanks, Michele

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Michele:

No, it doesn't mean it's Explorer. However, I suggest you post the problem to the Windows ME forum. I've never used ME.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I really can't help with your problem, but I do want to clearify one thing. There are two different Explorers. There is Internet Explorer, and it would only be running if you start it to access the Internet. However, there is also Windows explorer, and you really can't run Windows without it. It starts when you boot Windoes, and it is always running.
    Legare Coleman