New Lounger
    Thanks

Splash Screen (97/2000/2002)

I set up a new splash screen, but it never shows on my PIII 800mhz. The regular splash screen goes by too quickly to see as well. Is there a way to make the splash screen stay on for a given number of seconds?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Splash Screen (97/2000/2002)

Are you talking about the splash screen that loads when you first open Access? Or are you talking about a form splash screen that opens at startup of the Access database itself? The later you can control from within Access using the timer.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attempting to replace the standard splash screen with a .bmp file on todays faster machines is a totally useless venture. As you have found, it appears and disappears too fast to read ... and Access gives no control over this.

You need to create a custom form to be your splash screen (form). You then have this form open using the startup options or with an autoexec macro. You set the timer to open the next form and close the splash form based to the interval you set.

You also need to create (or use the one included in the attached file) a .bmp file to keep the standard splash screen from showing. The .bmp file must reside in the same folder as the database and the name of the .bmp must be the same name as the database but with the .bmp extension.

I have attached a small (zipped) sample that should should you how to do this. Place both files in a temporary folder then execute the opening of the sample database.

HTH
    RDH
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ricky Hicks
    Microsoft MVP
    Birmingham, Alabama USA

New Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry. The one that loads when Access is first opened. Ricky guessed right.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Ricky. I'll give it a try later this evening.