3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

HTML and plain text (2002)

I am using Office XP on WinXP Pro, and I use Word as my email editor (yes, I know what you are going to say, but it has always worked well for me), and my default format is plain text. Lately an unusual dialog box has been popping up. From time to time, I receive a message in plain text, click on Reply and type my reply message. When I click send, I get a dialog box that says "Some of the features in this message are unsupported in plain text and may be lost." and I am given the option to convert to HTML or to continue with plain text. Since I am replying to a plain text message, I am at a loss to discern what features may be lost. When I continue in plain text, then go to the outbox and open the message there, it looks just the same as when I wrote it. Any thoughts on what is going on here?

Fafner

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML and plain text (2002)

are you pasting something into the message? or using features in word that are not used in plain text? (most are disabled already though)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HTML and plain text (2002)

No. I am just replying with a few lines of straight text.

This behavior just started two days ago, and I haven't changed any settings or installed any software or add-ins.

Fafner