Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Adds Spaces (Outlook XP)

<font color=448800><font face="Comic Sans MS">This is a very small problem as problems go, but it is starting to bug me. When I reply to an HTML message and include part of the original text to which I need to add edits, whenever I add text, Outlook sticks in spaces on either side of my edit. I have to go back and delete them. I don't remember this happening before XP, but it might have. I suspect that this is one of those "it's not a bug, it's a feature" things. But if so, I'd like to turn it off or work around it. Many thanks!

--Karyl

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Adds Spaces (Outlook XP)

This is just a wild guess, but do you have mark Comments with...turned on at all? The box may look blank, but may have a few spaces in it.

~Becky

Star Lounger
    Thanks

It makes perfect sense--only I don't have Mark Comments turned on. I'm sure it is related, however, because when I do turn it out, as soon as I start to type an edit, the spaces pop in followed by the "Preface" text. So your suggestion helped even though it wasn't the exact problem because it me think of something to try. If I copy and paste the text I want from the original instead of marking up the automatically entered original text itself in the reply, I don't get the extra spaces. So I guess that's my work-around. Many thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Alternatively, this post might also be of help.
    Gre