2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Image Preview in Explorer

Win98SE - and when I use Explorer to view directories, selecting any image file (particularly JPG and BMP) used to show a small preview of the image in the right-hand Explorer pane. A hard-disk crash has forced a complete re-installation, and now this preview only works for BMP files, and not for JPG files. JPGs are associated with a different application now (it used to be MGI PhotoSuite, now it's Ulead PhotoExplorer) - does/should this make a difference? Thanks for any ideas.

Keith[img]/w3timages/icons/kiss.gif[/img]

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image Preview in Explorer

Keith, I'd never say that it should make a difference, but there's always that slim possibility. I am assuming you have 'View/As a Web Page' enabled in Explorer.

Although I have not one good idea as to what the cause of that problem is, I can recommend something that I use in lieu of the auto-preview - PicaView from ACD systems. It adds a right click thumbnail and allows you to set wallpaper, convert to another file format, and is very fast. I prefer this method since it does not load anything until you want to see it.
    -Mark

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Image Preview in Explorer

Hi Mark,

Yes, I certainly do have 'View As Web Page' enabled. As I said, .BMP preview ok, but not .JPG. I like the idea of PicAView (I already use ACDSee), but I'll have to download the trial at home (work does not allow ftp)

Thanks for the idea.