judygal

EZP in Word 2000

I just installed Word 2000 and I have several toolbars saying EZP (the tool tip says it is to "Launch Easy Photo"). When I close Word, I get a dialog box asking if I want to save the changes I made to EZPHOTO.DOT. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: EZP in Word 2000

Assuming you do not want even one toolbar, then with Word closed track down all instances of EZPhoto.dot (you should find one for each toolbar, at least one of which is in the Word startup directory). Delete or rename the files (replace the "dot" with your initials in case you later change your mind). That should do it. [img]/w3timages/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Karen

judygal

I went to Find EZPhoto.dot and found one file, a program file and changed the extension to my initials. Now when I open Word, it says EZPhoto template not found and there is still a bunch on my toolbar. Do you think it would help if I reinstalled Word? Thank you.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oops! I'm so sorry. I did forget a couple of steps. Open Word and on View / Toolbars there's probably an EZPhoto toolbar ticked. Untick it. Then, click on Tools / Templates and Add-Ins. Click on Organizer, and select the Toolbars tab. Click on EZPhoto and delete it.

Please let me know if you have further difficulties.
    Karen

judygal

I can't find it under View Toolbars. I went to Macros and it is under there, but the delete is greyed out. I went to Tools/Templates, etc found EZPhoto and removed it. Then when I went to close Word it asked if I wanted it to save the template in a different version or something. I was so confused I just canceled. Now when I go back to Tools, templates, etc. EZPhoto is gone from their, but I still have several on my toolbar. I tried clicking the "more buttons" beside EZPhoto on my toolbar and there are 23 EZPhotos there. When I go down to add or remove toolbar, they are there and greyed out. This is too strange.

New Lounger
    Thanks

To get rid of the 23 EZPhoto icons do:

Tools->Customize
    Select the toolbars tab and click "Reset", "OK"

judygal

Oh my goodness! You are wonderful. That worked. Thank you thank you thank you. I love you!