4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Access XP (Outlook 98 & Access XP)

I have a form that I created in MS Outlook 98 using MS Access DAO.DBEngine.35 & 36. I now have to start using MS Office XP. How will it acces the DAO.DBEngine? .37?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Access XP (Outlook 98 & Access XP)

XP uses DAO 3.6.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you.

Can I still use Acess 97 to save my data from the form or do I have to create a new DB for Office XP users and a different one for my 97 users? Unless,,,, Is there a patch/utility that will allow them to use all three (97, 2k & XP) like the one for 97 and 2K MS Access Users?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Maybe you should explain in more detail what you're doing. How are you using Access with Outlook?
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Couple of years ago, I created a form (Outlook 98) for our user that they fill out using MS Office 97. The form was used so they could enter all the information that was needed for us to run batch jobs on our IBM 360 mainframe. This worked great as we saved the information into an Acccess Db (97). Then last year we had a few people that were updated to MS Office 2K and OS 2K. I was able to use a utility that I found that would allow our 2k users to read/write to Access 97.

Now we are in the process of upgrading everyone from their current OS/Office to OS=2K and Office XP. My problem is do I have to redesign the Outlook forms using Outlook XP and convert the MS Access 97 database we use into Access XP.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This btw, is our quick fix for now. My real goal is to see if I can get MS Outlook XP forms to read/write to our IBM 360/DB2 database. This I doubt very much. I think I will have to redo the forms using VB6 and then using ODBC connect to DB2.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I have Office XP loaded at work and use Outlook XP, but I haven't try automating anything using it, so I can't be of much help to you. I would, however, advise you to plan on rewriting your Outlook forms anyhow, since Outlook 2k and XP use VBA as their scripting language and are much easier to work with than earlier versions that used VBS.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was not aware that Outlook XP used VBA and not script. This could help as I am trying to use VBA to connect to our DB2 on the mainframe.

Thank you