2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

automatic header/footer for blank even pages (Office 97)

Hello all. It's been a long time since I've been here, but I know this is the best place to get answers to my Word problems.

I have a long document that has even and odd headers/footers. In some circumstances I want a particular section to start always on an odd page. I have accomplished this by putting a section break odd page before the particular heading. My problem is that when I print the document out double sided, if an even page has had to be 'created' it does not show the 'even' header/footer.

For example - say my table of contents is on page 1 and only takes 1 page. I then put a section break odd in to make the new 'chapter' start on an odd page. This page is correctly numbered 3, however, as no page 2 really exists in the document, it remains blank instead of having my even page header/footer. I know I can work around this by putting in soft page breaks, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the having section break odd. And it makes for a lot of effort going through the document and adding/deleting even blank pages as content changes.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Many thanks!

Thanks

Re: automatic header/footer for blank even pages (Office 97)

Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Absolutely Perfect

Excellent! I knew there had to be a way!

Thanks!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: automatic header/footer for blank even pages (

Though I didn't ask the question, thanks for the answer. I've wondered about this many times -- as recently as last Tuesday.

I've now added the code as an autotext entry so it's readily accessible.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: automatic header/footer for blank even pages (

That's a good idea. I'll try it!

One thing I have a problem with is the formatting of the 'this page intentionally blank'. Ideally I want it centered vertically and the page alignment to be centered. Although I can go through and put this in, every time the fields are updated, it reverts to being aligned left at the top of the page. Has anyone come across this before and do they know a way to get around it?