Star Lounger
    Thanks

My database application was ru (Access2000 SR1a)

My database application was running fine on a Win XP machine when I uninstalled Winfax 10.02 and installed v9.0 to try to correct a winfax problem. But now when I click on a command button on the switchboard I get this message in a message windows with this title Microsoft Visual Basic "Error accessing file. Network connection may be lost." My network connection is fine--I can open all of the tables. When I get this error, it always takes me into the VBA editor. Does this error message mean anything to anyone?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My database application was ru (Access2000 SR1a)

Is it possible there is a reference to WinFax in Access? Open a module, or go into debug, then from menubar select Tools|References. Look for any entry marked "Missing". If it is a WinFax 10.0 reference, delete it and check the one for 9.0. If there are any others marked as missing, remember which ones they are, then clear the checkmarks for those references and close the reference list. Then, go back into the reference list and place checks on the references you just unchecked.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: My database application was ru (Access2000 SR1a)

It may mean you've been bitten by a bug that can occur when you run both Office XP and Access 2000 on that same machine. Take a look at MSKB Q304548 and see if it applies.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Charlotte, I think that was what happened, I restored it from a backup and it works okay. I actually don't have OfficeXP, but I do have Word2002 on this machine.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Thanks: Application was ru (Access2000 SR1a)

Any of the Office XP component, as well as Visio 2002, etc., install that updated vbe6.dll. That's all it takes, it doesn't require Access XP to cause the problem.
    Charlotte