New Lounger
    Thanks

Checking recipients out of office status

A question regarding the out of office functionality in Outlook.
    Is there anyway to prior to sending an email checking the recipients out of office status on the exchange server?
    Would be a neat way of checking how long they will be gone without burdening their Inbox.

Thanks for your help!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Checking recipients out of office status

If they are using free/busy and have entered appt for the time they are going to be out of the office, you can get a clue by trying to setup a meeting and checking their status. It probably has about a 25% chance of being successful. If you want to be sneaky, try sending a message, then use recall. Recall might work 50% of the time.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Kwh,

You are not the only one that is interested in having a quick overview of other people's or resources calendars. For that reason we have created an Outlook add-in, which we call FreeBusy, that based on distribution lists in Outlook Contacts folders can show free/busy information for an unlimited number of "calendars" - equivalent to inviting them all to a meeting.

If you are interested, you (or anyone else out there) can send me an e-mail and I will send you a smal PDF file that decribes the product in detail (I am in the process of translating it to English).

I have no commercial interest in selling the product, so I am tempted to give it away as Freeware - with NO support!

Let me know if you are interested.

JAS

Colin

I would be very interested in receiving any information you can provide on this facility.

Regards

Julie[img]/w3timages/icons/kiss.gif[/img]