Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

A Registry Challenge...

<!post=xp,117936>Post 117936<!/post>

In my post of 2/19 I inquired about a registry modification that doesn't work in Windows XP . Either XP is still too new to have registry hackers excited or not many people are interested in being able to assign sounds to programs of their choosing. Since I made that post, I've tried three shareware or freeware programs that do the exact same thing. All three result in the same end - registry entries that look exactly like my "old" hand-entered one, but don't produce the desired sound in Win XP.

Is there a registry wiz out there, reading these posts, who'd like a challenge? On the other hand, anyone spotting a fix at some time in the near future, I'd appreciate a post here or an email. Just so you know, the three programs I tried are called Sound Association, Desktop Sound Designer and Program Sounds. I'm still trying to contact the authors, without success.

A Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
    Al

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A Registry Challenge...

Update. I just received an email finally from the author of Sound Association who said that it isn't possible under WinNT/2000/XP to do what I'm asking. I'm hoping that he's wrong and that someone will come up with the answer. Even my three year old Quicken 99 added sound events to the registry of XP that work. So did Hot Dog Pro editor, and so on.....

Well, I'll keep watching.....

Al