New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook.exe error

Whenever I try to go to the folders in the "other" shortcut bar, I got a Dr. Watson error saying "error in outlook.exe". The exception access violation 0xc0000005 address 0x308e0433. I have tried to remove the shortcut icons from the shortcut bar, run scanpst.exe and repair the error found, repair Office 2000 using the CD, and install Office 2000 again. All of the above don't work. I tried to remove the outlook.pst and try to run cleanpst. An error message pop-up saying that the file can not be rename because of sharing violation. But OL2000 was closed! [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]I am lost!

I am running NT4 workstation SP4 in an NT4 server network. Office 2000 without service pack. Should I try to install the service pack first? Or will it helpthis problem? Please help!

preed

Re: Outlook.exe error

Exit and Log Off Outlook. Select Start | Run. Enter
    Outlook.exe /ResetOutlookBar
    Outlook will open and rebuild the shortcut bar. Any better now?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have run it. The outlook bar was rebuilt but the error message still appeared. I have also run detect and repair from the "Help" menu. No luck. Still looking.

I am trying to clear all the profiles (I only have one actually)to see if that helps. My concern is will all my contacts gone?

Regards,

preed

Perform a search of your drive for *.fav
    This is your Favorites file. It stores Outlook bar customizations. It will have the same name as your profile with a .FAV extension. When you find it, rename it (*.org). Restart Outlook. Still no luck? I'd try recreating your profile.

Your Contacts are stored in your PST file along with your other folders. Make note of where that PST file resides. That's where your e-mail data is kept. As long as you don't physically delete that file, rebuilding your profile won't lose any data.

Lounger
    Thanks

Try renaming your pst folder to something else (say oldoutlook.pst) then restart Outlook. It will ask for the pst, just tell it to create a new pst file. Then import your information from oldoutlook.pst.

I usually make a copy of oldoutlook.pst before I do the import, just in case.

Good luck