New Lounger
    Thanks

Vertical Scroll Bar (Word 2000)

I have had a very strange thing happen to a user in a very large Word document. The Word document was extremely large - over 5500 pages and each page was separated by a hard page break. What would happen is that he would scroll down by dragging the scroll box on the vertical scroll bar and it would only go to 5225 pages and then the vertical scroll box would pop up to the top of the vertical scroll bar and could not be used to scroll down beyond the 5225 pages. He ended up having to page down or use Go To to get further down... could not drag the box. I played around with this deleting large chunks of the document and even then I could not drag the vertical scroll box down to get to the end of the document. Only when I went down to about 300 pages would it let me. Strange. I also tried replacing all hard page breaks with page break before formatting and it still wouldn't work. Has anyone ever come across this before? I checked the TechNet CD and nothing was mentioned.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Vertical Scroll Bar (Word 2000)

Happens to me in large documents, too. I've never bothered to check it out, as I usually use the keyboard, but I've always taken it as a bug. I seem to recall that you can click the down arrow on the vertical scrollbar to get past the stopping point. This happens in Word 97 also, but not to the same extent.