New Lounger
    Thanks

Switching from corporate to internet only mode

I am leaving my position soon (about a week) and have been using Outlook 2000 in the corporate mode with Exchange in SBS 4.5. I use offline mode and I want to make sure I have all of my information on my laptop and remove it from the exchange server. I have verified that all of my files and subdirectories in outlook are synching offline.

Do I just switch to i/o mode?
    Will that remove the info from exchange?

Thanks for any guidance.

Jay

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switching from corporate to internet only mode

Keep in mind doing this for the purpose of taking company contacts or documents for personal gain is against the law.

you're currently using exchange and an ost. On your last day, switch deleivery to a pst. Or create a pst and copy only the items you need to the pst.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you - in my haste to look for a technical answer I did not mention any other issues. My understanding is that simply taking the information with me, whatever my purpose, is not legal and that is the standard I am using.

However, I use categories and I have all of my personal contacts and other information in there also and that is what I don't want to leave.

I do appreciate the quick repsonse - I was reluctant to try this because I didn't want to lose any info.

Thanks again,
    Jay

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you can take your personal stuff - I'd probably create a new pst and manually copy the items over by catagory, if you switch the delivery it'll clean out your mailbox unless you are careful and do it offline then switch back.

Plus by manually picking what you want moved you are in less danger of violating any company policies since you won't be taking everything with you.