Lounger
    Thanks

Mailbox full message (Outlook2000/Exchange 5.5)

I cross posted this in the Exchange forum as well....

I posted this question almost a year ago and I have never been able to find the answer so I'll try again.
    We have set our exchange 5.5 server to send a warning to users when their mailbox starts too get full. The problem is simply this:
    The server sends a "warning" message every 15 minutes! It will continue to do this eventually sending even THOUSANDS of warning messages until the box is closed for exceeding the sebd/receive limits. (ie-when someone takes a weeks vacation)
    How do you set the amount or FREQUENCY of the warning messages sent by the server??
    HELP
    --Tim

Thanks

Re: Mailbox full message (Outlook2000/Exchange 5.5)

Hi Tim,
    You need to open Exchange Administrator, expand the site details, highlight Configuration, then in the right hand pane select Information Store Site Configuration and display its properties. On the Storage Warnings tab, uncheck Always (which sends every 15 mins) and choose a time that suits you.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Lounger
    Thanks

Rory,
    Thanks so much! I guess the interface for this configuration is not that clear. As a follow-up...
    When I highlight an hour block on the custom time table, will exchange send just ONE message during that hour?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi tstimple.

Yes, it will send once during that hour. Our practice here? I have it send twice per day--it checks once at 3am and once at 3pm. That way, my users get a reminder in the morning and another later in the day. I do NOT have it check at all on weekends, so that users don't come in on Monday and find 5 messages...

klyjen