Lounger
    Thanks

Problems with publishing changed pages (Office 2000 (SR-1a))

I am unable to publish pages with changes in my web. I've tried publishing using the "all", and "changed pages only" options with "include subwebs" and the pages on my website remain unchanged. For example, I have a subweb that provides information regarding two upcoming seminars. Unfortunately, the times have changed and I need to make the change on the web. I make the change in FP, save the page & web, then publish. But the changes aren't recognized.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW, my ISP is Earthlink and FP extensions are enabled. I had no problem publishing the web and new subweb.

Thanks.
    Dave Sellars

Thanks

Re: Problems with publishing changed pages (Office 2000 (SR-1a))

Are you sure the pages aren't being published? Sometimes your browser may use a cached copy of the page even when a new one is available. Use Refresh/Reload/etc. to make sure you are seeing the latest version.

Lounger
    Thanks

Well, you raise a valid question. Perhaps you are right because when I checked the site later in the day, the changes were actually there. Maybe I don't understand all I know <vbg> about the publishing aspect of the program.

Not withstanding your comment, should changes usually be reflected on the website immediately after publishing them, or is there generally a delay of some few minutes or so? Or, perhaps it depends upon the ISP. I use Earthlink.

Thanks for your reply and help.

-- dave --

Thanks

Publishing should be instantaneous - the overhead of storing the 'new' version and then software to copy it to its proper destination would be too much for ISP's, I would say.

Check your browser settings - ideally you want it to check for new versions each visit. I have known IE to get web pages 'stuck' in memory even when this setting is made - clearing the cache generally sorts it.