Thread: outlook (2000)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

outlook (2000)

I have two machines....one at work,one at hotel. I access e-mail during the day from both and want to have messages syncronized. In other words, when I get a message at work, I want to get it later at hotel. Any way of doing this?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook (2000)

set outlook to leave a copy of the messages on the server.
    click : tools > accounts > dbl click the account you want to edit > advanced > under "delivery" check mark next to "leave a copy of messages on the server" then (optionaly) check mark next to "remove messages from server when deleted from delted items"
    this will make outlook download a copy of the message but leave a copy so when you get back to the hotel and run outlook there, you will get the messages. i would set up BOTH computers that way so you when you get messages while at the hotel, you will also have them when you go back to the office.
    Good Luck,
    Dr.X

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook (2000)

The way I do this is as follows: I have my work computer set up so that Outlook > Tools > Accounts > Properties > Advanced tab has the "Leave a copy of messages on server" box ticked and a delete after 1 day selected. My mailed is delivered to work and I still get it at home. Godfrey